GEI’s occupational health and safety team has the expertise and experience to help you through innovative approaches to enhance your workplace health and safety, ultimately improving your bottom line.
The United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics 2008 report estimates 2.29 million individual cases of occupational injuries and illnesses resulted in days away from work, job transfer, or job-related restrictions. The total financial impact of both direct and indirect costs is estimated to be as much as $240 billion per year. Beyond the financial impacts, worker injuries and illnesses can affect every aspect of life for employees and their families.
GEI has the expertise to assist you with a customized Health and Safety program that meet the needs of your business and fulfills local, state, and OSHA regulations.
A safe and healthful workplace not only protects workers from injury and illness, but can also lower costs, reduce absenteeism and turnover, increase productivity and quality, and raise employee morale. Employers can save $4-6 for every dollar spent on implementing and maintaining a Health and Safety program. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), workplaces with successful safety and health management systems reduce injury and illness costs by up to 40%.
Not only is protecting workers' health and safety the right thing to do - it is also is good for business.
Additional services that GEI can provide include:
- Comprehensive OSHA Compliance Surveys/Audits
- Written OSHA Programs and Training Programs
- CPR/AED and First Aid Initial and Refresher Training
- 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training
- Development of Operations and Maintenance Plans
- Development of Hazardous Drug Exposure Control Plans
- Development of Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- Management of USDA & FDA Food Safety Plans
- Assistance with achieving Federal, State, and Private Excellence in Safety and Health Recognition