Christopher A. MaySenior Restoration Ecologist
Christopher May is a senior restoration ecologist with extensive expertise in project management, habitat and wildlife management, conservation planning, and biological monitoring. He has led the design and implementation of habitat restoration and natural resource management projects in a variety of natural communities (e.g., coastal and inland wetlands, forests, prairies and grasslands, seagrass beds, oyster reefs) across the U.S. Mr. May also has expertise in the use of natural infrastructure for coastal resiliency. He has led or participated in multi-partner, collaborative planning efforts for ecological and human wellbeing outcomes, including projects in Canada and China. He has given presentations to a variety of audiences ranging from middle school classes to professionals at scientific conferences.
- Society for Ecological Restoration - Member
- The Wildlife Society - Member
- Wings Across the Americas Research Partnership Award
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) Type 2 Firefighter
- Certified Ecological Restoration Practitioner