Daphne King, P.E.Associate/Business Development Director
Ms. King is a Licensed professional civil engineer with more than 16 years of experience a design engineer and project manager for public and private infrastructure and maintenance projects. She is also experienced as a utility coordinator for public and private infrastructure projects administering the ASCE C-I 38-02, Standard Guideline for the Collection and Depiction of Existing Subsurface Utility Data.
Her experience includes identifying appropriate utility relocation contacts for each franchise utility, early and ongoing utility coordination with known utility owners, facilitating one-on-one utility coordination meetings with utility relocation specialists, monthly utility coordination meetings with all stakeholders, identifying and resolving utility conflicts during design, and assisting with the utility clearance process.
She earned her Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Missouri – Kansas City.
- Professional Engineer,: TX
- 2016 Texas Society of Young Engineers – Preston Trail Chapter, Engineer of the Year
- 2015 LUNA Award for Outstanding Executive
- 2013 Women’s Transportation Seminar, Member of the Year
- 2011 Texas Society of Young Engineers – Preston Trail Chapter, Young Engineer of the Year
- TxDOT ROW 100 - Identifying and Managing Utility Conflicts - Training
- TxDOT ROW 101 - TxDOT Utility Coordination - Training
- TxDOT Pre-certifications: 4.2.1 Roadway Design, 8.1.1 Signing, Pavement Marking, And Channelization, 10.2.1 Roadway Hydraulic Design, 18.2.1 Subsurface Utility Engineering