Brian MajkaSenior Professional
Brian is a professional restoration ecologist with extensive experience in business management and development, project oversight, design and implementation of wetland construction, soft shoreline engineering, prairie planting, natural areas management and best management practice (BMP) design projects with more than 17 years of experience throughout the United States. He has given presentations and workshops throughout the country on a variety of topics related to ecological restoration, including natural shoreline design and wetland restoration.
Brian has a B.S. in Natural Resources and Environmental Science from Purdue University and is responsible for project management of ecological restoration design and implementation projects for GEI.
Brian Majka’s expertise in ecological restoration is surpassed only by his positive attitude and a superior ability to communicate, organize and educate a vast array of project stakeholders and design team members. As a client, the West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission values Mr. Majka’s ability to guide diverse project teams through complex, decision-making processes.- Kathy Evans, Environmental Program Manager, West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission
- Founding member and Vice-Chair of the Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership
- Vice-Chair of Michigan Invasive Plant Council
- Grand Valley State University Natural Resources Management Program Advisory Council
- Commercial Pilot’s License, Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (SUAS)
- National Wildfire Coordinating Council (NWCG) S-130/190 I-100 Type 2 Firefighter Certification
- 2016 National Summit on Coastal and Estuarine Restoration and Management Program Committee Member