Mark Stoor, P.E.Project Manager
Mark is a Project Manager for GEI’s office in Iron River, Michigan. He is a licensed civil engineer and has experience in the design and construction of municipal infrastructure, roads, wastewater treatment facilities and onsite wastewater systems.
His responsibilities include managing all facets of projects, from the concept and proposal phase, through design, bidding and construction. Mr. Stoor has worked in many disciplines throughout civil engineering, working with many types of permitting and funding agencies to provide a design that can be built. He has worked in lower Michigan, Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula.
Mark has a B.S. in Environmental Engineering from Michigan Technological University.
Some of Mark’s previous experience includes:
- Ishpeming RD Water System Improvements – Helped Secure Grant and Loan Funding for a $12M water supply reconstruction project, managed project design and currently managing construction oversight.
- Ishpeming Partridge Creek Diversion Project – Managed design and construction engineering for an $8.7M Stream relocation through City storm sewer. Project funded through Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) allowed for the delisting of Deer Lake as an Area of Concern, one of the first in the GLRI to do so.
- Stormwater, Asset Management and Wastewater Grants – Helped secure grant funding and manage projects for multiple communities to create asset management plans, allowing communities to have up to date information system-wide, as well as providing enhanced mapping and tracking tools via GIS and mobile applications.
- ADA Consulting – Helped multiple clients at shopping centers and commercial parking lots throughout the United States on consulting for ADA compliance reviews, for site design for ADA compliance, as well as construction engineering.
- Professional Engineer: MI, WI