William Bennett, P.E., G.E.Vice President and Principal Engineer
Bill Bennett manages a portion of the water resources planning practice for the West Region. He has spent more than four decades in water resources and geotechnical engineering for public and private organizations.
Mr. Bennett’s expertise includes water management plans, grant funding, water transfers, fisheries recovery and passage, and flood management programs. He has extensive experience in collaborative planning and guiding stakeholder groups to decisions on shared resources. Additionally, Mr. Bennett has substantial experience in all aspects of dam safety work and has performed or directed numerous independent engineering analyses on proposed or existing dams in California.
Prior to joining GEI, Mr. Bennett was employed by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR). His career there included serving in the capacity of division chief and office chief, with responsibility for major California water planning programs and the Division of Safety of Dams
- Registered Professional Engineer: CA
- Registered Geotechnical Engineer: CA
- Fong, F.C. and W.J. Bennett, Paper, The Effect of the January 1995 Storms on California Dams, Western Regional Meeting and Workshop, Association of State Dam Safety Officials, Red Lodge, Montana, May 1995.
- Draeger, R.G. and W.J. Bennett, Paper, Transverse Cracking on Embankment Dams Due to Earthquakes, Western Regional Meeting and Workshop, Association of State Dam Safety Officials, Red Lodge, Montana, May 1995.
- Bennett, W.J., Paper Henshaw Dam Repair, Western Regional Meeting and Workshop, Association of state Dam Safety Officials, Sacramento, May 1989.
- Bennett, W.J., D.H. Babbitt and R. D. Hart, Paper, California’s Seismic Reevaluation of Embankment Dams, Annual Meeting, ASCE, Philadelphia, May 1983.
- Bennett, W.J. and C.K. Shen. Paper, A Parametric Study of Compacted Soils under Triaxial Cyclic Loading, 5th Pan Am Conference of Soil Mechanics, Buenos Aires, 1975.