Alan D. Pepin, P.E.Waterfront Engineer / Diver
Alan specializes exclusively in waterfront projects and is an experienced project manager for above and below water facility inspections, material conditions and design of marine structures. His experience includes inspections of steel bulkheads, timber piers and wharfs as well as concrete and stone seawalls. Design experience includes passenger ferry berthing facilities, cruise ship berthing, large ship fender systems, pile supported structures, bulkheads and other earth retaining systems, design of steel barges, and aluminum ramping systems to meet ADA and MAAB requirements for passenger vessel services. His experience also includes the preparation of contract documents including contract drawings, technical specifications, bid documents, and construction.
He holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Merrimack College.
- Licensed Professional Engineer: MA, MD, ME
- OSHA 10 hr Construction Course
- PADI Certifications: Open-Water Scuba Diving and Dry Suit Diver
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- FHWA – NHI Underwater Bridge Inspection
- LPA Certification Course - Maine DOT