Kwabena Asante, Ph.D., P.E.Senior Hydrologist, Climate Science Lead
Dr. Kwabena Asante is an engineering hydrologist and climate resilience planner with over two decades of experience in enhancing water systems, infrastructure, and natural ecosystems. He has worked with dozens of regional, state and national agencies to conduct climate studies, develop integrated plans, and advance project implementation. He has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and technical reports. He serves on the Climate Working Group of the Science Advisory Board for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) which provides recommendations on NOAA’s climate activities, predictive capabilities, and observing systems.
Kwabena has a Ph.D. in Water Resources Engineering and a M.S. in Construction Management from the University of Texas at Austin, and a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Nairobi. He is a registered Professional Engineer in California and Louisiana.
- Licensed Professional Engineer: LA, CA
- Life Member, American Geophysical Union
- Member, INFORMS Decision Analysis Society
- Member, ACEC Management Practices Committee
- Graduate, GEI Leadership Development Program (Cohort 2)
- Member, GEI Diversity and Inclusion Committee (2016 – Present)
- Member, GEI Risk Management Committee (2014 – 2017)