Pericles Stivaros, Ph.D., P.E., QPSI, QEWIVice President/Senior Consultant
Dr. Stivaros’ professional experience includes structural design and analysis of building systems and other structures, failure investigation, exterior building envelope performance, distress analysis, structural evaluation, and repair. He has also been involved in construction troubleshooting, including concrete quality, formwork and shoring/reshoring, damage from adjacent construction, and other construction related issues.
He is involved with non-destructive testing and monitoring programs for distressed structures to assess their structural integrity, type, cause, and extent of damage.
Dr. Stivaros’ experience also includes structural failure investigations, where he has provided forensic engineering services related to structural collapses and other cases of structural non-performance, as well as expert testimony and engineering support for legal proceedings.
He is a Fellow of the American Concrete Institute (ACI). He is involved with the ACI, and participates in the development of concrete related codes, standards, and guides. He is a member of several technical committees, including the Technical Activities Committee (TAC) (past) and TAC Construction Standards Committee, ACI 347 Formwork for Concrete (past chair), ACI 350 Environmental Engineering Concrete Structures, ACI 562 Evaluation Repair & Rehabilitation – Durability, ACI 362 Parking Structures, ACI 364 on Evaluation of Concrete Structures before Rehabilitation, and ACI 351 – Foundations for Equipment Machinery.
Dr. Stivaros is also a member of the NYC Metro Region Structural Codes Committee of ACEC-NY. He participates on the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) Structural Code Committee, which developed the 2014 and 2022 NYC Building Code editions.
He is a licensed Professional Engineer in New York State and several other states, a Qualified Exterior Wall Inspector, and a Qualified Parking Structures Inspector. He holds a Ph.D. degree and a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering from West Virginia University. He has authored several engineering articles and participates in speaking in various engineering conferences and meetings.
Long Island, New York
- Licensed Professional Engineer: CT, MO, NH, NJ, NY, TN
- Concrete quality, repairs, and troubleshooting
- Structural and Forensic Engineering
- American Concrete Institute, ACI Fellow (FACI), member of several Technical Committees
- International Concrete Repair Institute - ICRI
- CIB Concrete Industry Board, New York City
- American Society of Civil Engineers & Metropolitan Section of ASCE
- ACEC New York Metro Region Structural Codes Committee
- Member of the NYC Building Code Structural Committee who develops the NYC Building Codes
- American Institute of Steel Construction