Errol KittVice President
Errol Kitt is a Vice President and the Branch Manager for GEI’s Long Island Office. He is an environmental engineer whose diverse background includes over 40 years of experience managing and directing environmental projects primarily located in New York, as well as New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. Errol has managed and directed Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Studies (RI/FS) and Interim Remedial Measure (IRM) projects at New York State (NYS) Superfund hazardous waste sites and at former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) sites. He has managed and directed numerous investigations to determine the nature, magnitude, and extent of contamination in various media and developed appropriate remedial actions at industrial, commercial, institutional, and municipal landfill sites.
Errol has directed and managed hundreds of Phase I environmental site assessments (ESAs), Phase II environmental subsurface investigations (ESIs) and associated remediation activities for commercial and industrial real estate transactions in several states, and has directed numerous NYS Brownfield Cleanup Program (BCP) projects for the redevelopment of contaminated properties across Long Island. In addition to contaminated soil/groundwater remediation systems, he has designed multiple sewage treatment plants, sanitary wastewater disposal systems and industrial wastewater treatment systems.
Errol has a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering & Technology from Cornell University and a master’s degree in Civil & Environmental Engineering from Polytechnic Institute of New York (NYU). He is a graduate and active member of The Energeia Partnership, Long Island’s prestigious regional stewardship and leadership program through Molloy College. Errol was elected by the Suffolk County Legislature and serves on the Suffolk County Planning Commission. He also holds board positions at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, the Village of Lloyd Harbor, and several other organizations.
Long Island, New York
- Suffolk County Planning Commission, Commissioner
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Association Board Member
- Village of Lloyd Harbor, Site & Building Permit Review Board Member
- Don Monti Memorial Cancer Research Foundation Board Member
- Townwide Fund of Huntington Board Member
- Community Housing Innovations Advisory Board Member
- The Energeia Partnership, Partner
- Long Island Real Estate Group, Member
- Suffolk County Village Officials Association, Member
- U.S. Green Buildings Council – Long Island Chapter, Member