In 2022, GEI took another step in our journey by adding Equity to our DE+I program. Equity is about creating policies, practices, and opportunities for all to support a culture where employees engage with each other and are empowered to make a difference.
GEIʼs DE+I efforts are driven by a dedicated group of employees who include two permanent members, GEI’s President & CEO, Ron Palmieri, SVP People, Julie Jennings, and up to 15 staff members from diverse backgrounds, technical and business disciplines, geographic locations, and career stages. Please contact the committee co-chairs for additional information or opportunities for collaboration:
Brooke Bennett, Co-Chair
Roger Hathaway, Co-Chair
Each year, the committee reviews company needs and strategies to continue to drive DE+I initiatives forward. As of 2022, the committee is focused on three main subcommittees and three short term task forces:
- Educate & Engage: Develop DE+I learning strategies to educate and engage staff on DE+I practices
- Communications: Coordinate and support DE+I communications regarding social observances and DE+I related activities
- Community: Foster increased and consistent engagement of staff in DE+I activities through both internal initiatives and external volunteerism with diverse communities and local organizations
- Talent Acquisition: Document and recommend best practices for recruiting and hiring process to support diverse candidates
- Employee Resource Groups: Establish resources and framework for ERGs, expand GEI’s ERG Focused on Women in the Workplace (GEI X2) and support launch of new ERGs.
- Metrics: Establish internal metric standards to streamline evaluation to measure success with DE+I initiatives
Our Progress Since 2015
- Expanded GEI’s benefits to include Paternal leave.
- Establish baseline metrics
- Establish routine DE+I Reporting
- Added DE+I questions to our employee review program, Connecting Conversations
- Provide companywide DE+I education programs through Townhalls and Panels
- Coordinated 4-week intensive DE+I with an external facilitator
- Established a framework for Allyship within GEI
- Created strategic partnerships with National Society of Black Engineers and Thrive Scholars.